Monday, May 28, 2012

Work vs Barn

Seriously I really wish some days I didn't have to go to work in an office building during weeks like this.  No bugs, lots of sun but a cool breeze so you don't get too hot.  I'm even looking foreword to doing the chores on the weekend.  And I know the minute it hits 28+ degrees I will be very happy for my air conditioning at work but a girl can dream right?

So everyone is off to the big tri-breed (Apps, paints and a couple of AQHA classes) show this weekend.  Lucas and I are staying home and looking after the farm.  All the show horses except Lucas and Roxy (the little kids palomino that I showed a couple of years ago) are going so I will only have those 2, the halter mare and her baby, the Radical Hour stud (who's getting some serious work done because he needs some exercise to get his mind off breeding and back to work) and Chilly.  I'll have 10 horses outside but they just need water top ups and keeping an eye on them for mishaps.  Not so bad at all and I should have time to get some horses lunged too.

I did get Chilly out on the weekend and she was very good.  She's still very insecure about being without another horse in the ring, but we are trying to get her to buddy up with humans instead of another horse this time.  (We recently sold her turnout buddy and she has been upset about it, Lucas helps, but hes not the buddy that she is missing).  Shes quite tall already, taller than Max was when he left, but she's still only just a yearling.  C and D hope to take her to a show later this summer to get her out and around so she can get used to the activity as a baby.

I have a lead on a possible horse to lease next winter.  One of the kids is leaving to go to school in Newfoundland and her parents are letting her keep her horse.  She's offered him to me to ride before but I don't like riding other peoples horses when they aren't there... Hes a semi-retired WP horse that didn't quite make it in the big show ring.  I'll be trying him out later on this summer to see if it would be a good match, and it would help her parents out with some of the horse bills while she's off at university.

I'm off to the Rheumatologist tomorrow AM cross your fingers that she has good news and doesn't want me to start on another different biological.  I just need more energy, oh and for my back and hips to like riding again...

No comments: