Work has been crazy, my back has been killing me, and I'm having some conflicting emotions about Lucas. Some people emailed me wanting to know if he was still for sale, and although they reached the decision that in the end he was just going to be too tall for them it did make me think about things...
I haven't ridden since I rode 2 days in a row and had to miss work. I'm worried that the pain will be too much the next day and I cant afford to miss work. One of the kids (hes only 15 but taller than me) rode him on Wednesday night and had a great ride on him, he thinks that Lucas is awesome, and really broke. I don't know whats wrong with me.... why don't I like riding him?
3 comments:
Sometimes a particular horse and you won't click . . . there's no shame in that at all, even if you're a good person and the horse is a good horse . . .
I agree with Kate... some horses you just won't click with, and other times you just "fall out of love" with your horse. Lucas is definitely a nice horse, so maybe you're just ready for something new?
Before I owned the pony mare, I owned an expensive, broke, trained, shiny, glossy, friendly quarter horse gelding. After a year of trying to make it work and 'bond' with him, I gave up and sold him to a 14 year old girl who loves him to death. They are now cleaning up on the 4-H circuit and at AQHA shows. On paper, we were a perfect match. In reality, there just wasn't the spark. Go with your gut or your heart and don't feel badly. It's okay to trade in the 'perfect' horse for an entirely 'imperfect' one. Only you can really know for sure...
Post a Comment