Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Who knew a western pleasure horse could run so fast?

Yup got ran away on. We were on a small circle in the center of the ring and I got asked to do a counter bend on the horse but to stay on the circle. (bend to the outside of the circle) Anyways get started on the counter bend and the mare pickes up her head and runs off! Mean while the 'boss' is yelling "Spur! Spur! push her into the bend!" any ways this happens 3 more times once more at the jog then twice at the lope :( anyways although he said I didnt handle it like I should have (but I went into survival mode not fix the horse mode!) It wasnt my fault.... she had done this before a few years ago and it took him a while to sort her out (Im thinking teeth issue)

Im still scrared when shit like that happens!

So hes planning on having a "march break camp/clinic" in march, so I tentivly signed up for that 3 days of riding in a row will do more for me that anything else would!

No comments: