So I went for my pre-op this morning (surgery on the 16th for removal of 1/2 my thyroid) and I delt with the rudest doctor I have ever met. (hes the guy that does the meds so that you go under, cant remember the name!)
It all begain when I mentioned that I couldnt take tylonal 3 because I was alergic to somthing in it. And he said "well can you take regular tylonal?, because if you can, your not alergic so you can take it" And on and on about how I wasnt alergic to tylonal but somthing in it, so I was wrong, even when I agreed with him I was wrong! (because I kept saying it makes me sick, and he keept saying "well if regualar tylonal doesnt......")
Then he looked at my drug list (which has 10 items ranging from antiinflamatories to BC!) And says "why are you taking all this?? This is too much!" (insert the "no ****" look here!) I calmly explain that I have RA and that my RA Dr. has me on several drugs plus the drugs im on for side effects, pain, bloodpressure ect.He keeps going "This is too much meds for you, your only young I would cut all of these out, you dont need all of theses!" as he scratches out my 2 pain pills and one relaxer (for my back, which was damaged by? you guessed it, more meds!) my gut pills (trust me you dont want to know why I take them!!) and then all my vitamins. saying "you know you could go to physotherpy and get all that fixed with exercises (my back)" I said that I had been there for 2 years and they were unable to help me, so he said "well you actually have to DO the exercises." "you know all of this is in your head right??"
At this point I really want to punch him, but because my arthritis (thats all in my head) is so bad I cant hold a fist, so I cried which I hate! but I was so fustrated by this point.....And then he goes "what are you upset about? My daughters friend has cancer and she has to go though surgery. She has problems! your just on too many drugs."
And I just felt like telling him to go f*** himself because if it was all in my head I certanly wouldnt be living back at home with my parents, and I would be able to ride and train everyday like I used to, and I wouldnt be where I was talking to him!!!
And seriously I have an RA specilist, family Dr., 2 thyroid Dr.'s, plus the hormone Dr. Im going to see, AND 2 internilists, who all didnt have a problem with the drugs Im on!Anyways I got out of there and called my dr. thats doing the surgery and told his receptionst about it. He's going to call me monday. I just needed to rant! Sorry for all the spelling mistakes!!!
1 comment:
REQUEST ANOTHER ANESTHESIOLOGIST!!!!!!!!!
Seriously- tell the Dr doing the surgery that this dude was a major jerk, and that you are NOT comfortable with him. Request another anesthesiologist, and see what you can all work out. The LAST thing you need to be worried about while you are going under is that jerkwad not caring about your condition, and not believing what your RA Dr has to say.
DO NOT let him get away with that crap!!!
Good luck with the surgery- we will be praying for you!
Post a Comment