Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Good news

Some good news to start off with, since December I have now lost (at least according to the scale at home) a total of 30lbs! For the most part being 6 feet tall it doesn't 'look' like I've lost that much weight. However the pants that I bought/ordered at Christmas that were almost too small, now fit perfect. And my dress pants for work all need to be held up with a belt. Its a good direction to be going in, especially if I want to be riding more horses this winter!




In other good news, for the first time for as long as I can remember I rode a horse without lunging it first. I know, I know some of you are thinking "what? why?" Well for a long time I was riding really green stuff, then when I got sick, lunging became my pre-flight test drive, letting the horse warm up and work out silly ness while allowing me to get on when the horse is ready to work and allowing me to enjoy the 15-20 minutes I could handle being on the horse.



We rode with 2 other horses but they were ultra sounding Lucy before hand so everyone else was ready and riding by the time I got to the ring. (Nothing definite on the ultra sound yet, doing again in 2 days). So I said no time like the present and got on. I had lunged and done some showmanship the day before, but nothing other than that since Friday. She was very good. A little "hot" but once we started loping she settled down very quickly. Although I most likely will continue to lunge for 5 min before I get on most of the time, it was nice to know that we could both handle it if the need arose. For the most part I will get to lunge in the mornings of the shows but not right before I get on, so it was a good rehearsal.



He lope is really coming, last night we did loping figure 8's with either a halt or a walk transition though the center. Her transitions going into the lope are really coming. Our pattern at the end of the month calls for a 360 turn on the haunches then a lope off on the right, we practiced that once or twice and although she thought I wanted to keep turning, we did work it out in the end.

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great news on your riding! And even greater news about losing 30 pounds. Congratulations, I know how hard it is to lose weight.

Wolfie said...

Good news all around!!

L.Williams said...

Congrats!

SheMovedtoTexas said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I hope I can follow in your foot steps.